LEPL ” Culture, Sports and Youth Affairs Agency” is a legal entity of public law under the Governance of the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Autonomous Republic of Abkhazia, established on the basis of Resolution N40 of the Government of the Autonomous Republic of Abkhazia of November 26, 2019.
The aim of the agency is to share the country’s unified policy in the field of culture, sports and youth, to plan correctly, to coordinate its implementation, to create appropriate conditions for development and to determine the main directions.
The activities of the Agency are based on its provision, which includes two important directions: in the field of culture, sports and youth affairs. Culture and sports add value and contribute to the sustainable development of the country and the well-being of society.
The goals and objectives of the LEPL “Culture, Sports and Youth Affairs Agency” look as follows:
The cultural direction is aimed to: Promote development of Georgian-Abkhazian culture inside and outside the country, establishing contacts with governmental and nongovernmental organizations, various associations and unions; publishing of books of historical and cultural significance of the public-literary magazine “Ritsa”, children’s cognitive-literary magazine “Iakni”; organizing cultural events, exhibitions, presentations and creative evenings; promoting the musical, choreographic education of IDP children and creating the necessary conditions; integration of children with disabilities into public life.
To execute all of mentioned above , it is necessary to solve the following tasks of the agency:
- Promote development of Georgian-Abkhazian culture inside and outside the country;
- Organize visual art and photo exhibitions, art festivals and competitions;
- Organize creative and various events;
- Showcase the potential of children and young people gifted with creative talent and to represent them inside and outside off the country;
- Create a conducive environment for the full development of Abkhazian youth, support them to realize their potential and ensure their engagement in social, economic, cultural, sporting and political life;
Sports and youth affairs aim is: Support young athletes, Identify potential reserves for the main and youth teams. Prepare candidates for the Olympics, Georgia, Europe, World Championships and Championships for adolescents, cadets and youth teams and creating appropriate conditions for the maintenance, protection and development of out-of-school physical education, sports and sports traditions in general; Establishing and developing a healthy lifestyle; The physical upbringing and recovery of the next generation of IDPs from Abkhazia, their massive involvement in sports;
The agency has sporting directions: Freestyle Wrestling, Athletics, Fencing, Basketball, Amateur football, Greco-Roman Wrestling, Weightlifting, Judo. In total, the number of coaches is twelve. Five of them are honored coaches of Georgia.
To do all this, it is necessary to solve the following tasks of the agency:
- Promote participation in international and domestic events in sports;
- Increasing the skills of young promising athletes, revealing potential reserves for the core and youth teams;
- Prepare candidates for the Olympics, Georgia, Europe, World Championships
- Collaborate with the sports community, teams, federations, veteran athletes, hold training seminars;
Expected Results – In order to develop the cognitive development of young people, to introduce IDP people from Abkhazia and to promote their creativity; Identifying the winning and prize-winning athletes; Staffing the Abkhazian national team in different age groups and preparing for the Georgian championship, achieving high sports results in Georgia and international competitions.